AAM provides the means to manage the creation, expiration and deactivation of login identities for persons who are not faculty, staff or students of UGA, but need access to any of OVPR’s research information systems. These persons are defined as “UGA Affiliates” by OVPR.
- For anyone with a valid UGA MyID to request the creation of a login identity for any person (“UGA Affiliate”) who is NOT a UGA faculty, staff or student so that they may access OVPR’s research information systems as does any UGA person;
- For authorized persons (“Purpose Managers”) to approve or deny requests to create UGA Affiliate login identities;
- For Purpose Managers to create login identities for UGA Affiliates;
- For Purpose Managers to set the default expiration periods of Purposes they are assigned to manage.
- Calculation of the expiration date of a Purpose assigned to each UGA Affiliate, based on each Purpose’s expiration period.
- For Superusers to Deactivate a UGA Affiliate.
If you have any questions regarding the use of AAM, please submit a request to the OVPR help desk by clicking here.
The application is designed to be easy to use and requires no training.
Purpose assignments have expiration dates. When all of a UGA Affiliate’s Purposes have expired, that UGA Affiliate is marked “Inactive” and may no longer login to OVPR applications. The UGA Affiliate may become “active” when at least one Purpose to which they are assigned is given a new expiration date. The UGA administrative personnel assigned as Purpose Managers control these expiration dates for each UGA Affiliate assigned to a Purpose that the Purpose Manager controls.